Member Login

About

Mt. Hawley Country Club was founded in 1922 and thus approaching its 100th anniversary.

A group of young business and professional men gathered at the University Club to form what would be called Mount Hawley Country Club. Other names were considered, including High Point Golf and Country Club. Most of the land was purchased from the Hawley family farm; therefore, Mt. Hawley was in honor of the family and the lush green valley high above the Illinois River. This signature view provides a beautiful atmosphere year-round at Mt. Hawley.

When first opened the barn next to the farm house became the locker room and only the front nine was playable. In 1923 the land which is now the picnic grounds was purchased and construction on the first clubhouse began. The first clubhouse was completed in the spring of 1924 along with the back nine hole of the golf course. On August 21, 1949 a tragic fire destroyed the building.

Today our family-friendly facilities include three dining areas, five banquet rooms, a swimming complex and cabana, four tennis courts, two pickleball courts, and two bocce ball courts. Our 18-hole golf course was renovated in 1996 by Lohmann Golf Design and rates as one of the top central Illinois golf facilities. The course will test your skill, yet is enjoyable for golfers of all levels.

50th Anniversary Booklet (1972) 

Hooks & Slices


JUNE 1938


DEC 1938


FEB 1940


MAR 1940


APRIL 1940


SEPT 1940


MAR 1941


MAY 1941


JUNE 1941


JULY 1941


AUG 1941


FALL 1941


JUNE 1941


JULY 1941


AUG 1941


FALL 1941